Warts are embarrassing and disfiguring lumps that may appear on your hands, feet, face, or any other part of your body. They can also be frustrating to get rid of. There isn’t a common cure for warts, but you can take steps to remove them rather than just hoping they will disappear.
Warts are caused by HPV (human papillomavirus). The virus stimulates cells on the outer layer of the skin. Some types of the HPV may cause warts to grow in the genital area.
Types of Warts
The various types of warts include:
- Flat warts – Common in children and teens, flat warts are small, smooth and flat – most often appearing on the face or on the legs of females.
- Plantar warts – Flesh-colored or brownish bumps, these types of warts have small black dots, which are actually clotted blood vessels. These warts often appear on the soles of the feet and make walking painful.
- Genital warts – These growths may show up within the pubic area, around the anus, vagina or on the genitals. They’re usually very small and are often seen in clusters. This type of wart tends to grow and spread rapidly and some forms may cause cervical cancer.
Getting rid of warts takes patience. It can take a couple of weeks to a few years if you simply want to wait it out. However, there are some natural methods you can use to hasten the process and some are more effective and faster than others.
Try These Natural Wart Remedies
Some natural methods you may want to give a try include:
- Aloe Vera – Apply directly to the warts to dissolve them. Just use a cotton ball soaked in Aloe Vera juice and use a band aid to keep it on the wart for a few days or up to a week. Replace the Aloe Vera cotton ball every day. After a few days the warts may begin to disappear.
- Essential Lemon Oil – Use a drop of essential lemon oil placed directly on the wart. Repeat until wart disappears.
- Tea Tree Oil – The Tea Tree plant produces antiseptic oil that can kill many types of bacteria. Just apply the oil directly to the wart as long as needed and it will vanish in a short amount of time.
- Echinacea supplement – Take Echinacea as directed (one to two per day) to help warts disappear and heal.
- Castor Oil – This oil is one of the most effective ways to get rid of warts. Simply massage the oil on the wart with your fingers a few times each day. Cover with a bandage and change when necessary. Within a couple of weeks, the warts should disappear.
Genital warts take time to get rid of, but they can eventually be eradicated naturally by your own immune system. Some warts disappear on their own even without treatment, but it could take much more time than you have the patience for.
Don’t despair if your wart doesn’t disappear with the first method you use. Research various methods for removing warts naturally and gently and use the one that suits you best.