Facial masks are typically used on a weekly basis; however, many of us are so busy that we can barely apply them once a month.
You can try to incorporate them during a hot bath. They are best left on 10 to 20 minutes.
Facial masks deep clean your pores, and leave your skin feeling soft and refreshed. They may also provide some exfoliation benefits depending on the ingredients used.
Carrot Facial Mask – Oily Skin Types
This preparation is best suited for oiler skin types.
- Simply grate a raw carrot on your finest grater setting.
- Mix the grated carrot with a little lemon juice and apply.
- Carrots offer a burst of Vitamin A and have astringent properties.
Avocado or Banana Facial Mask – Dry Skin Types
Best suited for drier or mature skin types.
- Simply mash each one by itself or try blending together.
- Smear onto the face and let it sit for up to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Honey Facial Mask – All Skin Types
This is beneficial for every skin type, whether you are normal, oily or dry.
- A tablespoon of natural honey.
- Try adding Wheat Germ to offer an exfoliating benefit that is rich in vitamins and protein.
Yogurt, Red Wine and Honey Mask
This is excellent for reducing wrinkles and leaving your face feeling refreshed and glowing. The lactic acid in the yogurt and the anti-oxidants in the red wine have excellent exfoliating properties.
- Blend together 2 tablespoons of natural, sugar-free yogurt, a tablespoon of red wine and a tablespoon of honey.
- Pat onto your face, sit back and enjoy.